Sunday, August 24, 2008

oh my goodness..

oh people. way too much has gone on for this to be a downtime weekend. but it was educational. i will share the lessons so you won't have to learn them on your own:
1. a very smart 3 year old will argue with you that it IS possible that the 3 little pigs were present at the birth of Jesus. And, truly, it doesn't say anywhere that they were not there.

2. something that you have worried yourself about every day for 5 years has probably not bothered the other person at all, but you will feel so much better if you just say what you have to say and clear the air. especially if you have prayed for an opportunity to apologize to this person and then you just "happen" to end up sitting beside them in a huge church on sunday morning. coincidence? i think not. With God, there isn't coincidence. it was just time to make it right.

3. it is VERY important that you read the directions on a pregnancy test box before you start screaming and basically announce to your husband and mother that you are with child, only to realize that it should have a +, not just a -. sorry again, guys.

4. little boys can puke and ask for something to eat almost simultaneously. i think this is weird. he had just thrown up twice, but wanted to know where his doughnuts were when i got home from work.

5. my dog has a weird fetish for toilet paper. he chewed through a BRAND NEW PACK of angel soft and tore up 2 rolls. does anybody else's dog do this?

6. my husband (who is very white, by the way) has somehow channeled my Papoo and made the BEST Lebanese food Saturday night.
in all the craziness, i marvel at how God has answered my pleas to take away the overwhelming stress i have felt over the last few weeks. Thank you, Lord. Thank you for my little boy who innocently thanks You for lights that turn on and off and for chairs to sit in. Thank you for my husband who brings my little boy to have a picnic with me on Friday night at work so I can spend time with them and have a homecooked meal. Thank you for my mama who will use this whole Breast Cancer Extravaganza as a witness to someone who needs it, i just know it. Thank you for my sweet friend Christa, who always listens and makes me feel better, and ALWAYS takes my side even when it is possible I am wrong. (and tells me, NO, OF COURSE YOU ARE NOT BOSSY). Thank you for my Tracie who always calls at just the right time. Thank you for all my mamas who I have always had to take care of me. Thank you that I am blessed with the best in-laws in the world, who truly treat me as their daughter. And especially, thank you Lord, that Friday night at work You let me see a miracle. Amen.

p.s. if you have not read The Shack, run run run to Borders and get this book! it will change your life!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, our new puppy tears through some toliet paper. We have to put it up so he can't get it.
I remember your grandparents! I don't think I ever got the chance to try some of their food.

Anonymous said...

Hey Allison, My dog who is 12 has always had a fetish for toilet paper and kleenex. Also I have a puker for a son too. Yes it is possible fo a boy to puke and want to eat at the same time. Haha. I love the three pigs story!!!!!!!!!!

Tracie' friend Leigh